top of page
Search

Boosted by Almost 100%! Our Conversion Rate Success Story with Meta Shop

Updated: Dec 11, 2023


A white paper with a mini trolley beside it

In case you haven’t heard, Shopify sellers now have an amazing tool at their disposal to improvise their digital storefronts: Meta Shop!


Well you must be wondering, what is Meta Shop? Well, it’s exactly what it says it is! It's a shop!


But the twist here is, instead of being on your website, it's right there on Facebook or Instagram. People can shop directly without bouncing in between platforms.


Now, how is this different from regular online stores? Well, with usual online stores, you wait for people to come to you. With Shops, you take your shop to them! You can run ads targeting the right people and guide them straight to your 'shop.' Plus, it cuts out a step for customers, making the whole shopping experience smoother.

Screenshot from Meta

You can even make themed collections to organize and showcase your products, giving customers a cool way to explore. The best part? Your shop looks the same and works efficiently on both Facebook and Instagram, making it easy for people to find you wherever they are. So, it's basically a fantastic way to get your products out there and connect with potential customers globally!


This all sounds amazing, but the real question is: does it actually benefit marketers? Lucky for you, we’ve recently put this feature to the test in our Black Friday marketing campaigns, and we're here to spill the beans on whether it lives up to the hype!


So, in the first two weeks of last month, things weren't going too great for one of our clients. The conversion rate (CVR) was a bit disappointing at 1.08%, and the cost per thousand impressions (CPM) was higher than usual, impacting the return on ad spend (ROAS) with only $1.25.


We tried making some changes to the website, played around with ad copies and creatives, but it didn't move the needle much on CPM and CVR. Despite some improvements, we were still falling short of our goals. So, we decided to mix things up and created a Meta shop, hoping it would offer users a smoother shopping experience.


Surprisingly, it worked! The CVR jumped to 2.47%, and users chose to complete their purchases within the Meta platform. By not redirecting users to the website directly, we also managed to bring down CPM by 10%, giving us more impressions to work with during the Black Friday-Cyber Monday (BFCM) rush.


Interestingly, 45% of the conversions came from the Meta shop, with the remaining 55% happening on the website. Embracing the Meta shop not only boosted sales but also taught us the value of adapting our strategy, especially during the busiest season.




SO, WHERE DO YOU FIND THIS PARTNER?


Well, aren’t we glad you asked! We at DigiCom are obsessive data-driven marketers pulling from multi-disciplinary strategies to unlock scale. We buy media across all platforms and placements and provide creative solutions alongside content creation, and conversion rate optimizations. We pride ourselves on your successes and will stop at nothing to help you grow.





bottom of page